My Tarnished Halo

Monday, July 18, 2005

The White

What defines my life right now is "The White." It's a feeling that I have grasped onto and I now call my own.

The White

Was many years to The White.
Each moment became memory.
Stolen from me
Like the moon takes
The beauty of the morning glories.
Discovering lies and truths
Between the sheets
And hanging on
To high school memories.

But when it happened
I realized I'd been there before
Deja vu.
Shedding blood - entering womanhood
Dating - rushed into marriage
Walking down the aisle- more white!
Being followed by a runaway baby carriage.

And I'm content until silvery tears,
Grass stains and scraped knees
Fill me up.
These days I can't separate
The White...From Me.

~Shelly

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Seri said...

Shelly,
what a lovely poem, and so true. I am just inspired by those that have a creative mind. Thanks for sharing.
Amber (NOT a poet)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Shelly,

It's so cool to see someone doing something different with their blog. I'm going to be checking back... Hey, are you in DC? Or in WA state??

Lorraine

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Shekky said...

WA state Lorraine. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home