My Tarnished Halo

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Semi-successful

My first hunt for bento accessories while fun, proved only semi-successful. I can't find the actual bento boxes. It's kind of hard to describe the whole process without them! If you google bento you'll get results but I don't want to steal their pictures. The food seriously looks like artwork in some of them, it's amazing! It looks like I'll be doing a bunch of my shopping online, by way of eBay. I did however find some prep tools/accessories.

*DynoBytes sandwich cutter
*Plastic toothpicks
*Muppets plastic cutlery
*6-pc. mini cookie cutter set with a "harvest" theme
*10 pack of mini takeout boxes

I'm considering picking up a couple of these from Tupperware which will suffice:
http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail

(Remember those horrid red-orange ones many of us had as kids?!)

but I'd also like to get some actual Japanese bento boxes. Another option is the Laptop Lunch, which you can also google. Now that is really cool as it comes with a water bottle which the schools are allowing the kids to have with them at all times this year. Menu plan to come next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home