My Tarnished Halo

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Life "To Do" List

Yes I did it. I succumbed to the pressure to make a list of things I want to do before I die. I know how relieved I feel when I cross something off a list, whether it's chores or grocery shopping or something as trifling or cheesy as things I'd like to try sometime. I'm allowed a rough-draft. I limited myself to 25 but reserve the right to add or subtract- as I enter my mid-life crisis maybe? There's no grand prize if I finish all of them. Accomplishing these tasks is not some magic key to eternal gratification. I do figure though, that the more I look at them, the more impact they will have on me. I can look back and think at 25, I was married 7 years, done having children at 3 rambunctious boys, living in a little white house, Soccer Mom, driving a mini-van (or a Honda in which I'm usually alone and can crank up the tunes and open the sun roof) and let it all hang out because these days it sure wants to... These were the things I wanted to do in life, in all their simplicity and/or glory ha ha.

So without further adieu;
1. Swim with dolphins
2. Deep sea fishing
3. Write a children's book
4. Have one of my poems published
5. Visit Ireland/the castles
6. Get a tattoo representing my sons
7. Design my own kitchen
8. Pan for gold
9. Invent something and sell it
10. Go on Oprah or The Price is Right
11. Watch the USA Women's soccer team play in person
12. Drastically change my hairstyle
13. Crochet a blanket
14. Find something cool with a metal detector
15. Make all my Christmas gifts one year
16. Get it all waxed
17. Get a cabin or beach house with my friends for a week, no kids!
18. Spend time seeing Montana with my husband
19. Paint a picture to display in my home
20. Learn to make rolls and Spudnuts just like Grandma
21. Own and drive a brand new Honda
22. Get a second degree
23. Score a goal outdoors with my women's soccer team
24. Be there when my each of my boys become fathers
25. Be a Grandma as wonderful as my own

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home