My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, September 04, 2008

New Frickin' Love

New Frickin' Love = NFL

You know they say if you pretend to like something long enough you might actually start to like it. Yep, true (except for the departments of ranch dressing and kinky sex) for this woman.

I went my whole life despising the lack of care my dad showed while engrossed in NFL football games every Sunday and Monday. But I was let in on a little secret in fall of '06. My husband's work Fantasy Football league. I drew first pick and of course snatched up Peyton Manning. Manning took his team to the Super Bowl that year and I faithfully watched every Colts game! My first Fantasy Football team I called Brickhouse, the second Beat by a Girl, and this year it's very representative of my home life- HousewivesHoldingOut. A bit obnoxious as it uses every character space available. Already thinking of next year's team name. I'm considering Housewife with Cramps. What man wants to play against that?!

I was seated in front of HD NFL tonight, having dinner delivered to the door. A happy girl. Girls, since I now enjoy NFL with my husband, I have an extra day off every week- Sunday, and I don't even have to cook on Mondays or Thursdays. The housework can wait while the game is on. DH doesn't want me up darting back and forth. He wants me kicking my feet up by his side. Tell me now what is not to love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home