My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Last Night's Dream

I was in a dorm room of some sort, living alone. This family would come by and make me do things I didn't want to or else they'd harm me. There was some kind of gas in the room and they told me to do stuff or they'd light a match. I wouldn't do what they asked so they lit it and BOOM. They disappeared but I was fine which led to the next part of my dream.

I was holding a baby girl from a very large family and they were all with me sitting in some stadium bleachers facing an ice-covered lake. Some people were down below performing. We were all singing. Just then the family's golden retriever walked onto the lake and fell in the ice and couldn't get out so I ran over and handed the baby back to her mom and dad and with a few other brave souls from the crowd, my brother included, we ran out to save the dog. Trouble was the first few that got there fell into the ice too. It was a rescue mission. Someone got the dog. My brother and another man were still in the icy water. Movements slowing.

I slunk out on the ice to get my brother. I ripped off my zip-up gray hooded sweatshirt and tossed a sleeve to him. He wasn't able to grab on the first few times but I encouraged him to muster up the strength the third or fourth time and I slowly pulled him up onto the ice. I was able to grab a nearby chain-link fence and pull us both to safety and kept repeating to him that the ambulance would be there soon.

Woke up wondering what it all meant. Plan to find out. Decoding to come.

**********

I'm focusing on the part of the dream that was more interesting to me, that of my brother in the icy water. I am getting my dream Interpretations from 10,000 Dreams Interpreted book by Gustavus Hindman Miller.

Brother: If your brother is poor and in distress, or begging for assistance, you will be called to a deathbed soon or some dire loss will overwhelm you or them. YIKES!

Bathing in ice-water: Anticipated pleasures will be interrupted with an unforeseen event.

Walking on ice: You risk much solid comfort and respect for evanescent joys.

Rescue: To rescue others foretells that you will be esteemed for your good deeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home