My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Celebration Is in the Works

It is most certainly a good thing it wasn't my New Year's resolution to blog daily! Couldn't keep up with that one!

I'm in the midst of planning a celebration of the 10+ years of sanctified, blessed, devoted love I share with my husband. 10 years may not seem like all that much, but we have defied the odds. Our friends and co-workers and parents divorce all around us and we watch the tatterings of broken hearts falling apart before our very eyes. All the while as a couple we are learning and growing from their mistakes...it won't happen to us if we both want this so badly, right?

10 years is just the number of years since the vows we took, but we've know eachother almost 3 years more than that. Nearly half the years of my life I have spent with the man I call my husband. For all we've been through and for all we've been blessed with, we've decided to mark this special event with a celebration. Not just any cake & ice-cream celebration, but one that lasts the entire weekend and includes our family and our friends. Since we like poker so much, we're holding a poker tournament for our friends and then we'll hold a separate family celebration to thank them for all their support. Then of course we'll fit in some couple time somehow, with the specifics yet to be determined but I assure you with a wink, wink that it will be highly reminiscent of those days back when we were dating when we told my parents we were doing chemistry homework at his house! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home