My Tarnished Halo

Friday, February 22, 2008

It's the Little Things

Ran across a great article tonight titled "23 Ways to Celebrate Your Marriage" and it's definitely work skimming if you have a few moments.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/couplesandmarriage/articlerb.aspx?cp-documentid=6143052&GT1=10920

I particularly like #4 Keep a sex diary and #5 Take the happy challenge. I'm also going to work on #9 Re-create your early bonding ritual. When we were dating we would frequently go out behind the racetrack in his little blue truck, a prime make-out spot in the desert. When we started talking "family vehicle" he reluctantly sold his little blue truck which we'd had taken us to the place where many great early memories were made. Last summer we purchased a little
blue truck and I'm thinking I will re-create some of the things I remember about it, such as the little token I'd given him to hang on his rear view mirror,and how I'd sit right next to him with my hand on his leg while he drove, maybe even park out in the desert and watch the stars from the tailgate.

He's the one always saying "It's the little things," and he's right because those are the ones that slip through your fingers like grains of shifting sand, but those little things piled together could make an entire sandcastle with some effort.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

I love this post. I love your final analogy and that sandcastle is pretty cool too! Keep it up! (marriage and blogging)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home