My Tarnished Halo

Monday, July 25, 2005

Blah ze Blog

I have to say I don't feel a year older. When the big day rolls around every year at least one person seems to ask "So what's it feel like to be a year older?" Well I feel nothing good ha ha. I mean really what's the leap from 25 to 26 anyway? It's the birthday where I decided that I'm no longer going to brag to my cousin about being a month older than he. Now I tease him, "You're not that far behind." It's the birthday where 30 slowly starts to feel not all that far away. Like if I use my trusty binoculars of life on this joyous cruise, suddenly 30 has appeared there, the "hill" like some ominous beacon looming in the distance and I'm damned if I don't jump ship now cuz I'm headed straight for it.

So how does one celebrate that? Well Friday- the day of my actual birthday- I got my hair done. There is nothing like a new haircut to perk things up a bit. It's not just above shoulder length, all dark brown, and choppy cut around the bottom. I can do lots with my new style. I've never had many options with my straight hair. I've had many compliments on it which always does the soul good. I had lunch with the family, and then spaghetti dinner with the extended fam. Then it was off to Seattle to visit my best friend and do some clothes shopping. And of course fine dining which was no help when I had just decided to perk things up a bit. There is no perk in overeating. Remind me not to eat like that again for a long time! (Ok, just until next visit!) Did I mention it was Bite of Seattle? A food festival? Talk about temptation but I don't think I did too bad. Thank you to my DH for holding down the fort with the boys while I had my much appreciated me-time! And thank you to my best friend for showing me a good time, again...I don't know what I'd do without that girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home