My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

From Teacher's Pet to Room Parent




My favorite teacher ever was Ms. K for second grade. Jason also had Ms. K, twice- kindergarten and second grade. Well this year, Tyler was lucky enough to get Ms. K for his second grade class! Ms. K says it's the first time she's ever had one of her previous student's children in her class, but to make it even more special- two of her previous students got married, and our first son gets to be in her class! What made Ms. K stand out amongst other teachers I had was how she encouraged my creativity. She always had fun activities for the subjects I loved- reading, writing and spelling. She encouraged us to seek out knowledge on the topics that interested us. This year, I'm pleased to accept the responsibilities of room parent for Ms. K. I volunteered in previous years but was always too late. This year I signed up at back to school night and she chose me. I hope that Tyler enjoys having her as a teacher as much as I did. This should be an enjoyable school year for us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home