My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Leaving Uneasiness Behind

I'm falling into the black-hole of comfort, the point of routine where it would now be a struggle to turn back. It has much to do with the passing of time. The people involved are predictable. The surroundings familiar. The performances at meetings, though sparse, are routine. I think a person can find comfort in many things- food, company, familiar territory, routine. But we don't have to necessarily like something or someone to be comfortable with it or them. It must follow that pattern of habitual predictability without straying too far, and as time passes, it melds into one's comfort zone. The black and white lines blur hazy gray. The initial uneasiness that comes with change fades into contentedness. Dare I say that for the moment I am content?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home