My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ty's Eyes

I typed this up once today, but blogger was supposedly went into scheduled downtime. Even though it let me type up my whole fracking entry, I couldn't post or save it as draft. Grrrrr.

Ty's eyes are gunna make me cry! We went in today for a follow-up with the optometrist because he got his glasses prescription changed 3 months ago. In that short period of time, things have worsened. His eyes aren't working together properly so it's like he's reading with only his left eye. It will affect his hand-eye coordination and could affect his learning down the road without care now. But alas, there is a solution and it's called Vision Therapy. Vision Therapy is a 9 month program where he would go twice a week to train his eyes to work together. The catch is it's $80 per session, so $160 per week for 72 weeks and you have a grand total of $5760.00!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My jaw did that! That is so much money for us. The Vision Therapy people and the optometrist are going to contact our insurance and see if we will be getting any coverage. Please send positive thoughts our way. I don't wanna look into these chocolatey brown eyes and say it's not possible!

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Check with your public school system. I know here in Florida they have intervention programs for speach and vision. They are free too.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Positive thoughts, coming your way. Cute little boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home