My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Line in the Lap of Luxury


I've found how to make standing in line a little more pleasurable. The line at the city recreation center is ridiculous when it comes to signing the boys up for swim lessons. Here's how I deal.

10. Grab a coffee. A nice venti caramel frappuccino will do the trick.

9. Fill out paperwork while you wait.

8. Strap on your iPod so if you don't feel like conversating you can put the headphones on.

7. Bring a multitude of magazines.

6. Wear comfortable shoes.

5. Two words- electronic yahtzee.

4. Fill out a comment card as to why they should put sign-ups online and get with the times.

3. Go early. The people in the front of the line are the first to leave.

2. Bring a friend. Unfortunately, none of mine put their kids in swim this summer.

1. And the number one way to make standing in line more pleasant is leave the kids with a sitter. I can't stress this enough. Kids don't want anything to do with standing in line for 2 hours and will make your life completely miserable if you even attempt to submit them to line-standing.

I took the boys once and never again. Now I have the hang of it. Grandma came over to watch the boys and I went prepared. It was even slightly pleasing to be jamming to my tunes as I watched other Moms exasperated trying to locate and corral rowdy children while I sipped caffeine delight and browsed the pages of Shop, Etc.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

Well done! I hate standing in lines, too.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

Great tips--I'm printing those up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home