My Tarnished Halo

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Why you shouldn't confide in a 6-year old

Children can't keep secrets. It's like giving a child a shiny quarter as you walk by a row of trinket-filled quarter machines and telling them it is not for spending. You tell them something thinking maybe they'll forget but they don't. They just don't make for very good confidants. Weston just informed me that my Mom told him she'll be moving back in with the boyfriend. I guess she felt it was ok to tell the boys over strawberry lemonade and post-4th-of-July pop-its in the driveway. I heard him all excited making plans to play in the pool and practice his new swim skills so I reminded him that Grandma doesn't have a pool and that's when he spilled the beans. I don't understand but that's nothing new when it comes to Mom. Why didn't she just stay in the first place? Maybe she wanted Weston to break the news to us because she doesn't have the ovaries to tell us herself? The mystery that is Mom never ceases to disappoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home