My Tarnished Halo

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Vent and a Hurrah

First the vent because I would like to end on a positive note!

Vent on!* Running errands = hell. I almost broke down crying in the post office today because of how bad the boys have been treating me when we go out to stores. I get so stressed out when I have to run errands like going grocery shopping or to the post office. Connor is fine as long as I can strap him in the stroller or cart. But the older boys are constantly after eachother, swinging their arms by glass, chasing eachother, running down the aisles . I've had it. I feel like people are staring at me going "Can't she control her kids?!"

I've gotten some good advice related to the above. Obviously if leaving them with Jason or a baby-sitter was an option, I'd choose that! Things get accomplished so much faster when it's just me. I could grocery shop at 2am. I could bribe 'em with snacks or a quarter ride. I could forgo the shopping altogether and send Jason but a family cannot subsist on Cheetos and Dr. Pepper alone. Aarrggghhh. My boys used to like shopping and now they are convinced it's some form of torture. I say "shop" and the whining commences. *Vent off.

Now for the really good stuff. Jason got a raise. All because of 1 test question being overturned! He took a test back in April to do broadband tech placement. He placed as a broadband technician 3, just one question shy of placing as a level 4. Well he found a discrepancy with one of the questions so he typed up a letter and gave it to his supervisor and it went all the way to corporate and the higher up mucky-mucks and well, turns out he was right! So he gets a raise, the title of broadband technician 4, and backpay for all the time he's worked since April! I'm so proud of him. Hurrah! With that note, I better go get some sleep. Tomorrow is a soccer day.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

Oh, that is great! Good for Jason!

I have no advice on the boys. I do know it's harder to go shopping now that I have two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home