My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

He Came Bearing Flowers




"What did I do to deserve flowers?" was all I could think when he walked in the door. He wore the smile of a man pleased and his eyes sported the little wrinkles at the corner that I find just adorable. And it was so random and so spontaneous and he said something to this effect;

"I came to a realization today. I'm done ogling other women. I don't look at other women the same as I used to because I have everything I want in you. I'm completely content with the way things are between us. I can't imagine my life without you. I don't ever want to know what it would be like to live without you." And it was all of his own accord (bonus points!) and I am almost positive I melted into a glistening sappy puddle on the floor.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Wow! I would be impressed, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home