My Tarnished Halo

Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Melt Momma Moment

The boys have been playing a little game where they fight over whose momma I am. It goes something like this, "My momma," then "No she's my momma!" back and forth until I say "I'm momma to all of you!" But last night, Connor got the final say. Since the boys share a room, some nights they stay up and chit-chat with eachother, sporadic giggles echo the room. Last night was not one of those nights. We had family come into town and the boys were simply spent, so bedtime was a breeze, or so I thought.

I passed through the hallway to use the restroom and saw Connor's big brown eyes peering around their bedroom door. I figured I'd go in and try not to say much to him so I wouldn't wake the older boys, re-tuck him in and see if he'd go back to sleep. He was especially lovey, pulling my face over so he could kiss one cheek and then the other. I tried to sneak quietly away and I hear this little voice pipe up from the dark proudly "Mine momma." With his brothers sound asleep, who was going to argue that?! It was a melt momma moment.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Amy said...

OMG! how cute is that. What a smartie pants!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

Awww! That is a great moment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home