My Tarnished Halo

Monday, August 28, 2006

We're listing our house on the market! UPDATE

Yeah, that should be "We're NOT listing our house on the market!" Gah, I knew I spoke too soon. We've been calling around to get pre-approved by some mortgage companies, and well we can get pre-approved but the downside is there is still no way we can afford the payment on the amt. we are looking at unless I get a job. We are lucky to have the interest rate we do on this place (4.75%) so it looks like we'll be staying around until I can get a job and save up some more. We'd been using those mortgage calculators online and thought we were ok but someone we trust told us that those do not add in stuff like property taxes and homeowner's insurance which raise the monthly payments substantially.

I'm so bummed.

The up-side is that the house is looking really nice! Wallpaper is a bitch to remove and I'll never curse anyone with that crapola. We plan to keep updating because we've been having fun doing little projects and seeing the improvements. It's all been a learning experience for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home