My Tarnished Halo

Monday, October 23, 2006

I Wanna Try...

Wearing houndstooth, picking my own numbers in the lottery, dark nailpolish, a short haircut, sleeping in past 10am, giving my husband more compliments, crocheting and knitting, turning off the phone for an entire day, turning off the internet for an entire day, wrapping the next present I give in fancy paper and a bow instead of using a gift bag, telling my Mom I still love her, pulling out the camcorder more often, having my friends over for dinner even if all I have is a can of soup to serve and the house isn't spotless, growing pumpkins, searching for treasure with a metal detector, driving a tractor, picking fresh huckleberries, rediscovering my dreams, painting a mural with the boys, paying for the meal of an older couple, fresh coconut milk straight from the coconut, r e l e a s i n g the things in my past that I dwell on too often, smiling at complete strangers, recycling all of my Diet Coke cans, photographing the kids amongst a sea of bluebells, raw sugar cane, inventing something useful.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Cool entry. I like your list. Several of your things I'd like to try, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home