My Tarnished Halo

Monday, January 29, 2007

Hives!

8 am - Oldest bub wakes up with hives on his back. The culprit still eludes us. We review his diet and remove bedsheets but nothing is out of the ordinary.

8 pm - He's drenched in calamine and has taken Benadryl like clockwork every 4-6 hours. The hives have sort of morphed and multiplied, migrating to his arms and legs making them beet red. The spots sort of radiate warmth.

Mom's on the spot. Do I take him to the doctor or wait out the night? I wonder; could it be the stress he's been under? I want him to sleep peacefully. I want him to wake up hive-free. I hate it immensely when my babies are in discomfort.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Did you find out about the hives yet?
Sandy(Jack's mom from May 04)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Shekky said...

No, unfortunately we couldn't pin it to anything specific. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home