My Tarnished Halo

Monday, December 11, 2006

Housework- The Downward Spiral

In my daydreams, I tear through the house like a maid on a mission, dusting trinkets, tossing trash, meticulously folding clothes and making beds 'til they scream of Martha Stewart crisp corners. When I peer into the shiny cold metal of the kitchen sink, I stare back at myself instead of a week's worth of soiled dishes begging for a drop of Joy or twenty. The tubs are scum-free, the toilet is spotless and releases the scent of bleach and there are no more damn Legos under my feet because each and every toy has a place. I am able to deep clean the whole house and it stays pretty much that way with some minor daily maintenance. Right?

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Boy is that wrong. Or should I say "Boys is that wrong?" The laundry multiplies. When the kitchen is clean, I actually enjoy cooking for my family but that just makes more dishes. When I clean the tub, it seems like everyone in the house wants to bathe in it with some sort of filmy bubble bath or I shave which upon draining sticks to the filmy bubble bath and coats the tub with tiny hairs. Made beds are thrown into a state of "unmade" daily. This dust bowl desert we live in is unforgiving and dust sneaks in daily from I don't even know where and threatens electronics and my state of sanity.

Know what really throws the house into a state of chaos? Christmas decorations. You know what I've got now? Pretty clutter. Whoopdefriggindo. Can you sense my excitement? Thing is, I know it makes the boys happy. A ceramic snowman/knick-knack Santa/jingling wreath upon every nail and shelf and I've got a dazzling mess. I just hope company looks no farther than the Christmas decorations!

So here's a plea to the hubby this year. All I want for Christmas is a maid. Really honey. No fancy diamond jewelry because I probably won't get to wear it often enough. No slippers and pajamas and fancy smellin' bubble bath because I won't have time to relax. Forget the big screen T.V. (unless I can hide some of the clutter behind it perhaps?) and that pretty purple Dyson I've been eyeing is useless unless you can find somebody to push it. Yep just a maid. Now I'm going to go play on the computer, ie: google Merry Maids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home