My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Tease

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Just like the ocean in this picture lapped at my toes and retreated, the weather these days teases me so! I am forced to live painted in summer faux-finish. The night removes all traces of warmth. "February" implies that winter is up to its usual cold tricks. The thermostat is up and down and up again. Why must the sun that warms my bones, my soul...be stolen from me as quickly as it kisses my freckled nose?

*******

I am a product of summer. Tank tops, flip-flops, sandals. Painted toenails peek through. Surf and sand, hand in hand. Sandcastles. Eccentric shades. Road trips. Best friends. Big city. Double scoops. Sexy sundresses turning heads. Wet, tousled hair or sleek ponytail. Soccer on green grass. Working up a sweat is hot. Juicy fruit. Blushing peach. Pink cheeks. New freckles appear. Coconut-scented tanning oil. Glistening skin. Radiant glow. That's just summer sinking in. Now, hurry up and begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home