My Tarnished Halo

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lonely Saturday Night

What's a woman gotta do in order to get some comments around here? Is anyone even still reading this? Maybe I'm talking to myself. That's ok too. This blogging thing is highly addictive and therapeutic as well. I suppose you could be reading and not comment- I've been doing that myself lately. So many blogs, so little time!

I've come to confess my newest addiction. Trading. Trading coupons and items for stamps, coupons, and items that I'm looking for. I even made up a whole Snapfish album of items that I have up for trade. It's a simple little way to rid myself of little items around the house that I'm no longer in need of. And it gets me the things I want too. Right now, I'm IDSO (in dear search of) boy's black wide wale corduroy pants in a size 7. I'm a real picture person and trying to get outfits all picked out for the boys' Christmas pictures. I want their outfits to compliment each other but not be carbon copies. They already look enough alike!

DH skipped out on me to go hunting this weekend, and wouldn't you know it Weston comes down pukey sick and Tyler gets some sort of infection from a hangnail that tore down too far (yeouch!) and requires an minor emergency room visit for antibiotics. Mom and Grandma to the rescue! They came over and entertained and played nurse to Wes and C.J. while I took Ty in. I was even able to mail out some trades at the same time.

I hate being a "hunting season widow." The following is an example of how innately strong the call of the wild is. The men were standing in the driveway and packing gear up to go hunting. DH's buddy, a childhood friend of ours, gets a phone call from home and starts crying in the driveway. Something is terribly wrong. We find out a few minutes later that his Mom just found out she has terminal brain cancer. I thought the trip would be called off then and there. NO GO. They still went. I guess that gives him time to think in the fresh air.

Being a childhood friend of his, my heart aches for him. He used to live down the street from me. We'd trade baseball cards, build forts, and ride bikes together. The first time I went away from home was when he invited me to church camp. I went to my very first movie in the theater with him- The Karate Kid. I was there when he got his first cassette tape...Michael Jackson hehe. He dated one of my girlfriends in junior high. He stood up as best man in my wedding. His Mother even wrote us a sweet poem and put it inside our wedding card. I just want to wrap him in a big hug and tell him everything will be alright. But I'll have to wait 'til they get back from hunting.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Tess said...

Yes, I have blogged today, but I'm not going to post it until tomorrow!

I, too, am alone on Saturday night (dh is getting together to do pumpkin carving with some people from work), and I have chosen to blog and read blogs rather than watch Sideways. Well, maybe I'll start Sideways in a few minutes.

Tess

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

How amazing that you live where you grew up! So much history surrounding you.

I'm alone tonight as well. Mark has the 12 and 10 yr old out at the land "working". I drove out to drop off a few things but we didn't stay long.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Hunting widow...LMAO...not here. I don't think DH could hurt a flea. It sounds like the marriage is a bit better? Here's hoping!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home