My Tarnished Halo

Saturday, October 01, 2005

"SHHH -- It's wabbit season...


...and I am hunting wabbit - wook wabbit twacks!"

It's not exactly rabbit season here, it's game birds, but the hubby is up to the same old antics. I have once again taken on my not-so-secret identity "Weekend Widow." I wonder if it's something in the air when the leaves start to turn gorgeous shades of oranges and reds or the smell of refreshing Halloween-ish nights that makes men all over rise at the butt-crack of dawn to walk around feeling manly with big guns. All of a sudden, the lure of a morning quickie can't even keep the warm man next to me in bed. Any other time, I'd have my way.

So when the doves are calling and the deer are frolicking, go proud man. Eat greasy, heart-stopping breakfasts. Go tromp through brush and blunder through fields. Shoot things. Gather round the fire like the cavemen once did and gnaw meat off the bone while you grunt to your fellow hunters about the day's successes and misadventures (cough...falling on a dead deer's antler...cough.) If that is what makes you feel manly, so be it!

Box of shotgun shells: $9.00
Tent: $54.95
Gas money: $80.00
Two days without hearing your husband complain: PRICELESS

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

My husband's passion is racing. I've lost him for the weekend to a big annual race in Rusk, Tx.
While I miss him, I kind of enjoy cooking meals that he normally would bawlk at, all the space in the bed, and not dealing with his grumpy ass first thing in the morning :)

Enjoy!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

Mmmm, come to think of it, that does sound sort of nice! Well, enjoy, Shelly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home