My Tarnished Halo

Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday's Musings

Clam fritters were, uh...ok. It wasn't the greasy seafood-y smell that soaked into my jacket when I walked in that turned me away. It was the texture that didn't do anything for me. You see, I'm a texture person when it comes to eating. Texture outdoes taste everytime. It could taste wonderful but feel weird in my mouth and I'd probably push it to the side or politely find my napkin. I like seafood, drenched in tartar sauce. When I was pregnant, I couldn't get enough seafood and tartar but had to limit myself due to unsafe levels of mercury in fish. (The FDA warns to limit or eradicate shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish.) Thanks to the masking flavor of the tartar, I managed to eat 2 of the things. Enough to please Grandma, but I won't be making these at home.

Last night I designed Tyler's birthday party invites on the computer. When I typed 7th I about had a breakdown. My first baby is turning 7 in 4 days! I can't believe that one cold, windy November night so long ago I was so naive and so inexperienced at Motherhood but every ounce of my body was saying "bring it on!" We've come a long way, baby! Tyler is in 1st grade and already has homework with simple algebra, which he has caught right on to. He reads chapter books- his favorite being the Magic Tree House series" . He likes to play on the computer and can get around on it better than many adults. I love you and Happy 7th Birthday Son! You've been bringing us nothing but happiness for 7 years and then some, when you were just a twinkle in our eyes.

And this is just random, but I'll leave you today with something to think about. Slim chance and fat chance mean the same thing.

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger shopspacemonkey said...

oh bummer! Theys sounded sooo good. I am a texture person too. My dh gives me a hard time about it all the time.
-Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home