My Tarnished Halo

Friday, May 26, 2006

Karma Strikes Again

10 years of being a safe driver (or at least not being pulled over!) have come to an end. On my very own street, I failed to stop at a stop sign. I know I slowed down but can't say definitively that I came to a complete stop. And brilliant me, the day I didn't stop at the stop sign, I pull out right in front of a cop. But I wasn't ticketed today, and I will tell you why I think that is. Karma! I was on my way to donate two bags of clothing to the Goodwill.

A little leftover karma from yesterday helped me too. I donated a bag of some of my stockpiled toiletries to the women's shelter in the morning. Shortly after that, I went to do something I never do. I took the van to Jiffy Lube. You know how they will change your oil but they always find a hundred other things wrong? I had a tail light out. For an additional $6.99 they fixed it. I could have been ticketed for failure to stop at a stop sign AND a broken tail light today, but I wasn't.

generated by sloganizer.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home