My Tarnished Halo

Friday, April 21, 2006

Ahhh, the smell of burning plastic.


Laugh with me, not at me! So my Mom got a new house with her boyfriend. She called very excited for the boys to come see it. I guess it has a pond and children's benches and whatnot. Every part of me is screaming don't go see it. I'm at that point with my Mom right now. So instead of being rotten and telling her no, I was going to do the opposite, kill her with kindness. I preheat the oven to do a batch of cookies and get busy doing dishes. A few minutes later I start smelling burning plastic. Oh shit! When my friend came to visit this morning I shoved a few dishes in the oven to "clean." A stack of three colorful plastic lunch trays is dripping and oozing into my oven. I guess this is a sign I'm supposed to stand strong and not go visit Mom? Or maybe I'm supposed to take plastic-scented cookies.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

Ugh! I can almost smell it. Yuck. I think it's a sign that you shouldn't do anything you don't want to do!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Watty said...

I usually get melted spatula myself....lost many a spatula that way (Cam would put pans in the oven!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home