My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Awwww, my Grandpa


My Grandpa has picked up a new hobby. He's always been a handyman, and one of the best you'll find at that. The man can make something out of nothing, and my Grandparents' house is full of customized things he's added on to make life easier for them both. It will honestly be a sad day when I go by there without him inviting me to see his latest project. Lately, he's been picking up old bikes and parts, salvaging, and building "new" bikes from his finds. I can tell he's really into it because each time I stop by there to visit he's talking about bike tires he just acquired from the neighbor or the nice seat he just came across. It's cute because I know he's doing this with my boys in mind, his Great-Grandbabies.

He called me tonight on my cell phone, (which he never does!) and he told me he's got Wes's bike all ready to ride and if I am in their area he can stop by and give it a test run. I wasn't planning to go out there but he was just so cute. He says "It should fit him just right. We'll be here whenever you can stop by and test it." Funny thing is we see them normally 2-3 times a week, but we haven't gotten in a good visit in the last couple weeks. I think he misses them! I guess you know where I'm headed.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

What a cool grandpa u have! He sounds very interesting.

My dh has 2 g'daddies but they aren't as interesting. One of them has been depressed for about 5 yrs now. He is a true curmudgeon. . . but we visit him anyway.

I wish he'd find a hobby.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jeni said...

This whole post made my heart so happy, you are so lucky to still have your grandfather. He sounds like an awesome, loving man.

Jeni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home