My Tarnished Halo

Monday, January 23, 2006

We have a #3 folks!

I told you it would come... My Dad just called. My Uncle went in for emergency surgery, for throat cancer! Dad said my Uncle didn't want to tell any of us because he didn't want us to worry. He'd gone to the Doctor this morning because he was having difficulty breathing, and the Doctor shut down her office right then and there to take him into emergency surgery. My Uncle is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Regular Doctor's appointments would have found this sooner before he had difficulty breathing. But what he's done (or not done) consequently does not matter at this point. He's in the emergency room as I type this. I'm praying that they can remove the cancer without doing more damage than has already been done at this point. I hate cancer. If you pray, could you say a quick one for Stan?

3 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I will keep your Uncle in my prayers. I have two brothers who developed throat cancer. One who passed away at 39. One who is still living. It can be a long road with this cancer. I wish you and your family strength and courage in your battle.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I'm so sorry, Shelly!

I'll be praying for everybody!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Watty said...

I am so sorry Shelly. My prayers are with your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home