My Tarnished Halo

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Carousel Theory


Despite of all that's going on around me, I'm in rare form. I'm feeling unbelievably thankful for what I have. I am counting my blessings. Especially the health of my own family, and the opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mom.

I think when you see how quickly life can shift, you realize that it could be you smack dab in the center of it all. It's like watching a carousel from behind the barrier. From that vantage point, you can avoid dizziness. There are many focal points one could choose, perhaps not even watching the carousel at all- lost in its' whimsical organ melodies.

But place yourself on the ride and your focal points change. If you try to watch what's going on around you, objects and people blaze by in a blur of uncertainty. Constantly changing and rearranging. The music becomes background noise. The way to avoid dizziness when you are on the ride is to focus on something moving with you. Like the loved one holding you up on the horse. It's those things surrounding you and moving with you that ultimately help you enjoy the ride. It's security with golden lights, magical creatures, and a tummy full of cotton candy. Enjoyed best when the people that you love most are willing to go along for the ride, even if it takes you in circles!

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tess said...

I love the carousel as a metaphor for life! You're right--you have to look at the people traveling with you.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Kellee said...

I love this! Great post!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home