My Tarnished Halo

Friday, April 28, 2006

Re: BOOBIES

Here's the update. There pretty much isn't one. I guess the radiologist that came in at my ultrasound appointment thought that I would be a great subject for a study being conducted to test out some new technology. I misunderstood thinking I was participating to get further medical information.

The technology being tested is similar to a new form of mammogram. You lay down on this table face down and put your breast into a tank of water. Then come the plates that squish it as flat as possible. Then the machine takes a picture every 3mm. But then they can put all the images together much like in a brain scan for a 3D view. It takes about 20 minutes of laying in an uncomfortable position with your breasts being squeezed and squashed. Sound like sex much?! Ha ha. Since I've never had a mammo, I have nothing to compare this to. The tech said that I wouldn't hear results of the study but if they did find something serious they would pass the information on to the doctor who then in turn would contact me. And the benefit of this is my information will be recorded so I have some comparison point if there are any future changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home