My Tarnished Halo

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mommy's a Happy Lady

What an absolute pleasure it is to be a Mom. Daily I feel blessed to have my three joyous little boys in my life. Yesterday morning I woke up to the boys literally bouncing up onto the bed, handmade gifts and cards in hand, eager to hear my response. Tyler made me a pen with a flower on top and a sweet lavender card that he'd cut fringe all the way around the edges on. Inside he wrote "Roses are red. Violets are blue. I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day too. Love, Tyler" It also came with a flower pot he'd painted hearts on and some Snapdragon seeds. Weston had constructed a paper bag photo album with a large bow on the cover. His favorite part of the gift he kept pointing out. He'd written "I <3 you." Connor was full of extra cuddles. All in all, what a way to wake up! Something only Mommas know is that the love just keeps growing. Just when you think your heart cannot contain it anymore, it grows and expands to let more love in. I felt as though my heart could burst.

I got up and prepared brunch for my Grandmother on Dad's side. My Dad and Uncle came to brunch as well. At first I thought I was crazy for volunteering to prepare a meal on what was supposed to be my "day off" but once I got started cooking, the contented feeling set it and I knew I was doing something special. Once everyone was full I felt the whole experience well worth it. What is it about Moms that we need to make sure everyone is full?

I barely had time to tidy up the kitchen before leaving to my other Grandma's house. The rest of the family met up there for a fried chicken lunch with all the side dishes. I must've heard Happy Mother's Day a hundred times over there. It's always so nice just to hang out with the family and hear what everyone has been up to.

Next was a little time for myself...soccer! Since most of us that play are Mommies we decided to keep our scheduled game. The weather was beautiful. The sun was shining brightly. So brightly I have a horrible sunburn today but not even that can bring me down! We played a fair, evenly matched game. 5-5 tie score.

We picked up Dairy Queen for dinner. Later when we put the boys to bed we thanked them for giving me a special weekend. I ended the day by watching two of my favorite TV shows while sitting by the hubby's side- Survivor and Grey's Anatomy. I hope Burke and Denny pull through. I am psyched for tonight's finale.

I fell asleep feeling nothing but blessed.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Watty said...

Were you getting chills when ol girl was freaking out with denny?? OMG I wanted to almost cry!!! And the end? OMG!!!

Sounds like you had a totally awesome moms day, you really deserve it! Super mom! Love ya :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home