My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I <3 my iPod


I'm a total music junkie. Pretty much anything but country or rap strikes my fancy. I just finished swaying to Boyz II Men and now I'm rocking with Rush. Next up might be The Cardigans or Nickelback. How can you not love shuffle? Some days, it's music that brings me through less stressed, less damaged. Housework gets done. I burn calories. I've missed the phone because the music was too loud. Sometimes I wear my iPod in public just to avoid conversating. I told the clerk at the post office that it was off, but I listened to Pink Floyd while he weighed the packages. I love how you can pick up someone else's iPod and groove to a whole new mix. Download one song instead of the whole album. Continuous music loop. Music can instantly transport us back or away. Sometimes the song is the setting for making a memory. Nine Inch Nails as I get what I shouldn't. Tool as I hold the hand of my best friend who is awestruck by a stellar performance. No Doubt as the crowd unites and warm bodies are refreshed with a silvery drizzle of rain. Music defines moments...unites us. Those with the voice are blessed. To those who share their talent, I feel like I'm opening a gift every time I flip my iPod on. And for that, you fucking rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home