My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

P.M.S.

Pitiful Male Syndrome

Why oh why can't my husband open a bowl of leftovers and place it into the microwave? He gushes that the food tastes sweeter when I do it. Why can he not routinely perform his one inside household chore, taking out the garbage? Instead he'd rather complain that the house stinks. Hmmm maybe that's because there's 2-3 dirty diapers sitting in there and I won't take that chore too because I already have 10-thousand other things to do. I ask him to zip his jeans and unwad sweaty, stinky socks before putting them into the laundry basket. No go. He moans and groans when I ask him to watch the kids (which I consequently shouldn't have to do, but I need to make sure he's focusing his attention on them instead of the damn computer or UFC fighting on pay-per-view.) Um, hey they are yours too! When I'm sick, I still take care of the kiddos and neglect my own health. If he's sick, look out. Everyone in the household will hear of his misery. He's constantly got something wrong with him too. Hypochondriac perhaps? He complains that he never gets to buy anything with his own money, but last time I turned around there were computer games, abandoned "hobbies," shotguns, camping and fishing gear, and his newest obsession a Suzuki SV650s that he doesn't even know how to drive. Why is it that when men make a purchase, it has to be bigger and better than their co-workers/friends/relatives? He has given the boys baths so few times I can count them on both hands. I might suffer from the occasional P.M.S., but HE HAS IT TOO! Thanks for letting me vent.

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Linda said...

OMG - My husband's clone live with you!!!! I could have written this blog to the letter. OMG - I'm not alone with these circumstances. Does it ever get better??? UGH . . . .

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Awwwww...My husband too. Count us in. It's so hard, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home