My Tarnished Halo

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Turning Point

That's it?! Mom wants to "re-open the lines of communication." That sounds excrutiating if you ask me because of all the build-up on those lines. Mom is really going through some things herself, and if you ask me she's doing worse than I am dealing with it because she became anti-social. Sucked into herself like some giant black hole that eats and eats until it can't digest anymore and BLAM. The plea for me to come over by myself was like "Wow I've really messed up because I was only thinking of myself and LOOK at all the crap (or carp, if you prefer) you are going through." We talked for 30 mins. on the phone tonight. Haven't done that since we lived in different zip codes. Strange huh?

Let's see...to re-open the lines of communication I've going to need some hardware. Some saws, jackhammers, torches, and oh yeah- some of that Drano stuff. These pipes are sludgy. I can't remember the last time she opened up to me and tonight she laid a lot out there. WHACK, THUD on the lines. She's been suffering from more than I have. Crush! My needs have fallen to the wayside craaaack. Alright now we are inside. Let's flush the lines. I've been a bad mother but an even worse Grandmother.
Waterworks, here they come....

I am relieved! Somehow she and I are going to re-connect. All hope is not lost in the mother-daughter relationship department. We are even looking into a yoga class together. How bizarre is that? She still wants me to come visit her so we can chat in person about all that was let out on the phone. Seems that the phone can mask some things and magnify others. But this is good. A turning point.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Elisa said...

Sounds all very mature and healthy, but i don't think i could do it.

Something about people telling me they "need" me just turns me away quick as a blink.

You're a very kind person apparently and not selfish to have all your own stuff going on and yet still be there for her.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Good for you, Shelly! I am so glad. You were just calling out for her when you were schick! She must've heard...or Someone did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home