My Tarnished Halo

Monday, April 30, 2007

Losing...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
can be a good thing! I woke up Saturday morning just after Jason. He was reading quietly in the living room so I asked if he'd come back to bed and cuddle with me. He obliged and we were laying there in silence when I just blurted out "Let's start a diet together." Now we'd both put thought into this before but never had the follow through. Frankly, I was tired of hearing him ask for help losing weight when I didn't exactly know how to go about it either.

So many reasons to lose...energy being a big one for me. Our family vacation is at a water park. My 10 year high school reunion is pending this summer. When I was doing Curves last summer, I bought some new clothes for this summer but now they are a little snug. I want to be a good example for my children. I could continue.

With Jason and I supporting each other, we can share in our successes and find fixes for failures. What I fear most is being able to find motivation- to exercise, to prepare healthier foods rather than give in to convenience and fast foods. Right now I'm going on the excitement of a new plan of action, and I am looking forward to weighing in Saturday. I am afraid that with less to lose that it will come off slowly if at all. But we shall see!

I didn't want to make this an overnight change, but when I went to the kitchen to plan what we'd be having, I wasn't impressed by the foods just drenched in fat and loaded with carbs. I took a trip to the grocery store and couldn't believe why eating healthier is drastically more expensive. Thanks to SparkPeople.com, we are logging what we eat and seeing how bad certain foods really are. Another small change we are making is tracking our water intake. 8 cups a day is really quite tricky if your body isn't used to it. I feel so full and sloshy from that. My exercise plan will be soccer on Sundays, walking the boys to and from school (because I've become lazy and was driving 3 blocks), and possibly something as a family each week like basketball in the park.

They say the first two weeks are the hardest. I will lean on Jason and he can lean on me and we'll figure things out together. After all, we're not used to this. I hope we both have something (or a little less of something!) to show for it this summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home