My Tarnished Halo

Monday, August 08, 2005

Hi ho continued...

"It's probably not cancerous but if it were it'd be the worst kind." says the Doc. "It's up to you if you want to have it removed."

Uh, take it off puh-lease. It's not like I'm going to miss it! Test that thing and get back to me ASAP because it's been like 3 years since I noticed it was changing and I've put it off. I know, my bad? Surgery in 1 week. Results to follow.

By the numbers on my little test, I fall somewhere just above moderate depression. I feel like in some way I've failed. I am supposed to be happy because I have what I think others see as a happy little idealistic home life (reiterate marriage, 3 kids, house, minivan, SAHM, etc. etc. etc.) I guess I'm just glad I finally set my gloom out on the table. I have another little label to add to my warnings. SUFFERS FROM MODERATE DEPRESSION. My choices are counseling, exercise, or medicine- all of which I'm told have similar results. I'm the medicine minimalist so I'm trying an exercise regime, husband watches the kids while I workout- doctor's orders! Do you know how hard it is to find the motivation to exercise when you are depressed? I told them that too.

Got bloodwork done today as well. Checking my thryoid, my iron, who knows what else but they took 3 vials from me. C'mon good blood. They don't call you A+ for nothing!

Could my unhappiness in marriage be largely stemming from this, or did an unhappy marriage CAUSE this? Must ponder.

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Tess said...

I hope everything turns out okay!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one proud to have gotten an A+ in blood type.

Tess

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Monica Palitang said...

The fact that you want to use a Glitter Gel Pen shows that you really want to be happy ;)

Excercising is very hard to get into if you're not used to it, but I just started my routine 3 mo. ago and I'm just now getting really comfortable with it and it's my time to just not think about anything and give myself a break while I work out my physical side!

Hang in there on the exercising and you'll find it's really uplifting!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Depression is a scary thing...like a funnel cloud in your life. But, there are good ways of dealing with it. Anyhow...thinking of you in CT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home