My Tarnished Halo

Thursday, November 17, 2005

More to Know

Pheeeeew (HUGE sigh of relief inserted here.) Such a strange past couple days. Lots of not knowing, and that drives me bonkers! I got a collect call from the county jail and couldn't figure out who it was from so I didn't accept. My brother was fired from his job. Grandma and Grandpa are fine. Turns out they have been extra super busy this week. My Grandma is a real go-getter for her age. I mean, this woman participates in more extra-curricular activities than my family combined. Pinochle, senior bingo, church choir, watercolor, oil painting, Curves...she is a BUSY lady. We haven't heard from my Aunt about the biopsy so we are all still on pins and needles about that. Why oh why can't they make some test that takes less than 5-7 days for this?

Last night, my brother and I went to spaghetti dinner with Mom and her boyfriend. The very same spaghetti restaurant we used to go as a family, with our Dad. Dinner was fine, all small talk until the very end. My Mom started to tell us something and couldn't spit it out! You should have seen my brother and I exchange a terrified glance. So her boyfriend speaks for her and it was something to this effect. "Your Mom and I are really sorry at the way all this went down. I don't know you very well...I hurt you and I don't even know you. We know you love your Dad, and you should. We want you to be comfortable around us (gag me). We now have one thing in common, your Mom. I really love her." Mom wants to bring him around to more family events. It also turns out they are looking at riverfront property together. Oh please, spaghetti wriggling in my stomach like little worms, I command you to stay down!

The holidays should get really interesting around here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home