My Tarnished Halo

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I'm Starting to Wonder

What is wrong with me? Or maybe I should be looking at what ISN'T wrong with me to explain why I haven't been blogging lately. A recent article published in Computer Shopper magazine claims that nearly half of 600 bloggers surveyed reported blogging as a form of therapy. The article is appropriately titled "Are Blogs Freud for the 21st Century?" should you want to check it out. 31% of bloggers surveyed claimed that in stressful times they write in their own blogs or read blogs of people in similar situations, rather than choosing counseling. I'm one of them, and it's working, hence my need to blog lessens in times of contentedness! Technorati.com has estimated the number of blogs double every five months. To add another number to the mix, I came across this tidbit of useless information- 1 blog is started per second. Wowzas! What would Freud have to say about that?

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Tess said...

Why are the other 50% blogging? LOL.

Do you have a link to the article?

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Shekky said...

I didn't find a link to the article online, but because you asked...

1/3 write about self-esteem and self-help.
16% take an interest in journalism.
12% are scoping out the latest news and gossip.
8% want to expose political information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home