My Tarnished Halo

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Color Blind


Heredity gives us many things, some of which we aren't so found of. For example, my husband's temper and the increased odds he will someday be afflicted with cancer. I've got my father's skinny toes and height. I can only hope the boys got the so-called "good genes." Tyler is laid-back like my Dad, but he hasn't been so lucky when it comes to his vision. He's got poor eyesight, and we are coming to learn he's color blind on top of that. He can thank his Grandpa for that! The school nurse told us today that it's something we should inform each of his teachers of so color activities won't frustrate him in the future. So far he's shown no indication in class that his eyes were a trouble to him in any way. He performs above expectations. His teachers were shocked to learn of his eye troubles, but thanks to heredity- we weren't. It just wasn't something we actively seeked information about. Unfortunately, it looks like not much can be done. 8% of men have color vision difficulties, while just 0.5% of women will have to deal with it.

If you are interested, test your color vision here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home